Maintaining good health is the one thing that cannot be discounted. It is important for multiple reasons including your mental and physical well-being. Good health is a major criterion when determining a person’s quality of life and social standing.
However, not everyone is too keen on maintaining their health. So why does one need to keep good health?
Reasons To Prioritize Good Health
Some of the reasons why you should prioritize good health include:-
- Longevity- Good health is closely associated with having a longer life span. People who live a healthy life don’t fall prey to premature death.
- Quality Of Life- To have a good quality of life, it is crucial to have good health. That is the only way you can ensure energy, enjoy your life experiences, and live them to the fullest.
- Productivity- If productivity is your goal, maintaining good health should be a part of it. Making better decisions, having a better vision of life as well, and having better stamina are all part of being productive.
- Emotional Well-Being- Unlike popular thought, emotional well-being is closely related to physical health. It can not only improve your moods but also reduce the possibility of depression, anxiety, and other disorders that may otherwise affect your well-being.
- Prevention Of Diseases- No one wants to be affected by diseases as they can take on your productive days. So to have stronger attendance at your place of work or school, one should be keen about their health.
- Reduce Healthcare Costs- Healthcare costs are soaring up the sky and the only way to prevent it is to ensure that you and your family are healthy.
6 Basic RulesFor Good Health
If it comes with so many benefits, there might be something one should be able to do to lead a healthy life. Doctors recommend 6 basic rules for basic health which are to be followed religiously. It includes-
👉 Balanced diet- It is the key to a healthy life. So include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet to get the right Vitamins. Depend on meats and fish for Protein. Consume probiotics for gut health. No food is bad food.
👉 Regular Exercise- Eating a balanced diet is not enough exercising away the extra fat and carbs can boost your metabolism. It keeps you brimming with energy and a strong cardiovascular system. A routine of 75-150 minutes a day would do wonders for your body.
👉 Sufficient Hydration- Drink water. Many of our aches and ailments would just disappear if we drink enough water and that is exactly what you need to do. Carry a bottle with you and don’t replace water with sodas or juices.
👉 Adequate sleep- You could do everything right and still get it all wrong if you don’t sleep enough. Not only does it affect your coordination but also your cognitive abilities. So get 6-7 hours of sleep every day and practice good sleep habits to make sure you do.
👉 Stress Management- Not everyone is adept at managing their stress. People resort to various ways to have good mental health. Doing yoga, meditation, and deep breathing are all ways to enhance your peace levels and reduce bothersome stress levels. Take some personal time and sort out what’s bothering you instead of ignoring it completely.
👉 Regular checkups- As basic as it sounds, regular checkups cannot harm anyone. Getting one after you reach a certain point in age can help in early diagnosis which means better treatment and survival chances. It can also tell you more about your body and immune system which is often ignored as life goes on.