90% of the human body is made of water, and it is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drinking safe water is a right for every person across the world. There are three main types of water available for different purposes: purified water, distilled water, and regular water.
In this article, you will see three main types of water and their purification methods: impurities, mineral content, tastes, common uses, health benefits, etc.
Purified water is water that has been treated to remove any dirt and impurities like bacteria, algae, fungi, parasites, metals like copper and lead, and other chemical pollutants. It is mainly purified by different filtration methods, such as reverse osmosis, carbon filtration, and ultraviolet light treatment. Purified water is very pure water, and it can be used for drinking, cooking, and other general uses.
Benefits Of Purified Water
- Impurities Removal– purified water is free from many types of microorganisms like algae, bacteria, heavy metals, and other chemical pollutants.
- Taste– Purified water does not contain any chlorine, which is why it does not have any unpleasant taste like tap water.
- Health Benefits– Drinking purified water can lower the risk of certain health problems because it eliminates heavy metals and microorganisms, which can cause several diseases.
It is not proven but seen that a purification system removes many minerals, including fluoride, from the water, which is beneficial for improving dental health, and this is also a costly method to purify water.
Read More:- Science-Based Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Distilled water is water that has been treated to remove contaminants like bacteria, viruses, protozoa like giardia, and also some chemicals like lead and sulfate. It is mainly treated by distillation, in which first, water is boiled at the highest temperature, and when the steam formed rises and touches the cold container, it ultimately cools down and condenses into pure water.
Distilled water is commonly used in the medical sector, industries, the laboratory, etc, but some people also use this in drinking as well.
Benefits Of Distilled Water
- Impurities Removal– Distilled water is free from many impurities, like microorganisms, lead, sulfate, any types of chemicals, etc.
- Taste– Distilled water tastes like nothing because of the non-availability of any minerals.
- Health benefits– Because distilled water does not have any microorganisms or chemical pollutants, it becomes safer for health. It is also most important for people who have low immunity.
The distillation process removes all the natural minerals from the water, which is important for our general well-being, and it is also not advisable for normal people to drink this water for a longer time.
Regular water is the water that comes in our tap or ground water without any treatment or purification. It is filled with all types of natural minerals because this does not go from any kind of purification methods.
Regular water is used by the majority of people in all parts of the country and in approximately all kinds of works like general drinking, household work, all kinds of industries, etc.
Benefits Of Regular Water
- Impurities– Regular water contains all types of microorganisms, lead, and chemical pollutants.
- Taste– This water is pleasant in taste because it contains all types of minerals.
- Health Benefits– This has several health benefits.
Regular water has all kinds of impurities, so it can be a major source of health diseases, and it is advisable that people should not use this directly for drinking.
Which Water Is Best For You?
After seeing all the parameters for drinking purified water, it is good, but you must take a balanced diet in this; you can also use regular water with some purification because it has all types of natural minerals.