Many individuals, whether an athlete who wants to gain muscle mass, a person recovering from illness, or those with a fast metabolism, gain weight can be difficult. And it becomes more challenging for vegans to put on weight as they don’t rely on animal products. But the good news is it is entirely possible to achieve a healthy weight gain by following a vegan lifestyle.
There are several plant-based products that provide enough protein and other nutrients to carry a healthy weight gain. This article explores high-calorie vegan food to achieve your objective.
List Of High-Calories Vegan Food For Healthy Weight Gain
- Plant-Based Milk Alternatives: Adding smoothies of almond milk, soya milk, and coconut milk or pouring over cereals can increase calorie intake in the individual.
- Nuts And Butter: Almond, peanut, and cashew and their respective butter are excellent sources of healthy fats and protein, which can add valuable calories to the diet.
- Quinoa: This is a high-protein grain with essential nutrients that helps in healthy weight gain.
- Legumes: Legumes like lentils, chickpeas, and beans are a source of plant-based protein and complex carbohydrates, which can promote healthy weight gain.
- Avocado: It is a nutritious food that contains essential healthy fats and calories.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains like brown rice and whole wheat provide a steady source of energy and can be used as the base for hearty meals.
- Coconut Products: Coconut oil and coconut milk are calorie-dense vegan options to incorporate into cooking and baking.
- Dark Chocolate: High-quality dark chocolate contains almost 70% cocoa, which is rich in calories.
- Oats: Rolled oats are a versatile source of complex carbohydrates and fibre.
Read More:- Lose Weight With These 10 Delicious Vegan Foods
Why Choose A Vegan Diet To Achieve Weight Gain Objective
1. Low In Saturated Fats
Excessive intake of food that contains saturated fat can create various health issues, which include heart disease and obesity. Vegan products usually contain low saturated fats as compared to animal-based food. So, opting for such plant-based sources can help avoid various health-related risks and gain a healthy weight.
2. Contain High Fibre
Vegan or plant-based food usually contains high dietary fibre, which is an excellent choice to maintain a healthy digestive system. Fibres in such food can prevent constipation and promote satiety. This makes individuals consume more calories without overeating, which is beneficial for those aiming to gain weight.
3. Highly Nutritious
Apart from fibre and low starts, a vegan diet is also high in nutrients, containing all vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Consuming vegetables, nuts, seeds, and legumes ensures overall health and well-being. Additionally, it increases the capacity of calorie consumption and hosts healthy benefits in gaining weight.
4. Lower The Risk Of Chronic Diseases
Obesity or overweight often creates various health issues which can become chronic too. However, studies have found that a vegan diet reduces the risk of chronic diseases like cardiovascular risk and even cancer. Therefore, gaining weight through plant-based food is more likely to be associated with improved health outcomes.
5. Improve Digestive Health
As discussed previously, vegan food contains high fibre, which is lower in substances which can irritate the digestive tract. It can promote better absorption of essential nutrients and overall well-being. It increases the consumption of calories and other elements that are beneficial for gaining weight.
So, these are some vegan food items that can help to achieve healthy weight gain objectives in an easy way. Besides these food items, some seeds and dry fruits are also rich in healthy fats and protein, which increases calorie consumption and appetite. As a result, it promotes healthy weight gain while avoiding various health issues in the process.