When you hear about silicone earplugs, you might be wondering what a silicone earplug is. Well, the answer to that is these are simple earplugs that you use for getting a night of quality sleep.
These earplugs are made of silicone, which is a soft material that provides comfort to ears and cancels any noise that can disturb your sleep. That’s basically its use in your life, so if you want to get rid of those midnight wake-ups, then you might want to get one.
Using Ear Plugs For Quality Sleep
If you are using an ear plug to get your quality sleep regularly, that’s a good thing, but those plastic ones are not for longer usage. Get yourself one of those silicone earplugs; these are more comfortable and fit accordingly in your ears. There are many other options for an ear plug you get for yourself, have a look:
Types Of Ear Plugs
There are some earplugs that are an upgraded version of those same old plastic earplugs, which might have hurt you in the morning. Here are some comfortable options for earplugs that will be more comfortable:
1. Foam Ear Plugs
A foam earplug is one of the most common ones, as it is made out of simple foam. You can use one for your ear by rolling the foam and making the shape of your ear canal. Check if they fit in your ears, remove them, inspect them with your eyes, put them back, and go to sleep.
2. Silicone Ear Plugs
Silicone earplugs are one of the most popular ones available in the market. These ones are reusable, as they can be washed and used again. Washing them after every use is a necessity to remove the chances of bacterial infection in your ears.
3. Wax Ear Plugs
Wax earplugs are made of wax, as you’d have imagined by the name. These earplugs come with wax and a user guide. You can simply take out the wax, make a small ball of it, and put it in your ear. Press it gently, and let it take the shape of your ear canal. Take it out and check for the fit, and you can let it dry.
4. Flanged Ear Plugs
Flanged earplugs sound a bit peculiar to be used in your ear, but trust me; these are just for those who like to put earplugs deeper in their ear canal. Tilt your head a little, pull your ear to make a straight path for the earplug, and then insert it.
Simple Guide to Using Silicon Ear Plugs
Here comes the talk about silicone earplugs, the most popular one. Silicone earplugs are simple to use. However, here are some tips that will help you wear them properly.
- Sanitize Your Hands: Sanitize your hands properly; this will ensure that nothing infectious is getting in your ear.
- Roll The Earplugs: Roll the plugs with your palms between your fingers and make the plugs the size of your ear canals. You can guess the size.
- Insert The Earplugs: Insert the plugs gently in your ears, and fit them properly in your ears with your fingers. Make sure it fits in your ear canal perfectly.
- Adjust Your Fit: Adjusting the fit is important so that the earplugs don’t come out in the middle of the night.
- Remove It: Remove your earplugs properly and carefully, making sure you are not breaking or disfiguring the plugs. Check again whether they are a perfect fit or not.
- Check For Sound: You can try to listen to any sound. If a muffled sound or no sound can be heard, then it’s a good sign.
- Check For Proper Seal: You should check whether they are properly sealing your ears or not. This will ensure that earplugs don’t come out while you sleep.
- Comfortability: Check for comfortability. Use it only when you are completely comfortable wearing these earplugs otherwise, they will cause soreness in the morning.
What To Do Next?
These tips for how to use silicone earplugs are suggested by experts and are used by many people to get a good night’s sleep. Silicone earplugs will definitely ensure your quality sleep throughout the night.