Infrared healing or infrared therapy is a medical treatment therapy that makes use of light rays to treat acute or chronic pain. It is based on therapeutic healing and has gained huge popularity recently.
Here in this article, we will delve deep into Infrared healing, its working, its benefits, and precautions to be taken before undergoing the process.
What Is Infrared Healing?
Infrared healing is a non-invasive technique that makes use of infrared radiation to stimulate healing processes in your body. This process generally involves far infrared radiation that is naturally emitted by objects with a temperature above absolute zero.
Because far infrared radiation can more easily penetrate into the human body than any other type of infrared radiation. Also, they can easily interact with your tissues, muscles, and cells, and generate various physiological responses.
The main benefit of making use of far infrared radiation is that it can enhance blood circulation throughout your body and help dilate blood vessels. This ensures that all your body cells are getting essential oxygen and nutrients required for the body’s natural healing processes. Infrared saunas and heating pads are the two most common methods.
In the infrared saunas method, your entire body will be exposed to far infrared radiation. Infrared saunas are conducted by heating the air to warm your whole body and this provides a more comfortable experience.
Infrared Heating Pads
In the heating pads method, only specific areas of pain or discomfort will be exposed to the radiation. Infrared heating pads are most commonly used to relieve sore muscles, alleviate muscle discomfort, and reduce joint stiffness.
Read More:- Strategies To Maximize Weight Loss With Ozempic
Working Of Infrared Healing Method
As I already mentioned in this article, the infrared healing process makes use of far infrared radiation to induce the body’s natural healing process.
This radiation easily penetrates into your body interacts with the cells and tissues and promotes a warming effect. This warming effect induces a physiological response that contributes to the natural healing process.
Benefits Of The Infrared Healing Process
Here are some of the health benefits of the process:
- The radiation can improve the blood circulation in your body and also helps to remove waste products from your body.
- It provides relief from chronic pain conditions such as arthritis and also helps relax muscles and alleviates joint discomfort.
- Far infrared radiation can induce sweat in your body which is the natural mechanism to release toxins and harmful substances in your body.
- Infrared therapy can promote a sense of calm and relaxation in your muscles and overall body parts.
- The healing process can aid in stress management, alleviate anxiety, and even promote mental well-being.
- Since the infrared healing process enhances blood circulation throughout your body, it can support and improve your cardiovascular health too.
Precautions To Be Taken Before Undergoing The Infrared Healing Process?
Even though the process has zillions of health benefits, it is important to follow some precautions before undergoing infrared therapy. Some of them are listed below. Go through them:
- Before undergoing infrared therapy always stay well hydrated as you will lose fluids through sweating.
- Always seek medical advice before undergoing infrared healing especially if you’re having any underlying medical conditions.
- If you are having any skin sensitivity issues or have certain skin conditions should adjust the intensity of the radiation. So seek medical advice before doing the therapy to avoid any skin irritations.
Infrared healing is a natural pain relief therapy that involves properties of far infrared radiation. It is associated with several health benefits including enhanced blood circulation, reduced pain, muscle soreness, and joint stiffness.
Even though it cannot be a replacement for traditional medical practices and surgical processes, many people are finding it as a relief from their chronic pain.