Working from home has become the new normal. After the pandemic hit us, everybody prefers to work from home, However, when you do work from home, your work and personal life may spill all over each other which is difficult.
This has been affecting the mental health of several people and has been a topic of debate for many talk shows. While some believe working from home could give you more time others think it is in no way beneficial.
Why Is It Difficult To Lose Weight When Working From Home?
There is a large percentage of people who have difficulty losing weight when they work from home.
- Firstly, people working from home have a better proximity to food. This is exactly why it is difficult to stick to a diet and control food.
- Secondly, fast food seems like a better option. Chips, fries, and anything oily are not good when you are looking to lose weight. In cases like that, you cannot keep your hands to yourself.
- Thirdly, working from home makes you prone to a sedentary lifestyle. Sitting in a place and constantly working is not a good way to lead a life when losing weight is your goal.
- Additionally, emotional eating could be increasing in people working at home. Isolation and lack of interaction make them crave food. An absence of a routine or a physical commute doesn’t help it further. This means you are at your own mercy and resiting could be quite a problem.
- Lastly, accountability is reduced when you are working from home. So there is often an intermingling between the two. Again not the right way if you are looking to lose weight.
Strategies To Lose Weight
This is a million-dollar question and a large percentage of people do want to opt for work from home but are afraid of losing the schedule they have. Even if they want to lose weight, they often struggle with their work and personal liability which colors beyond the borders. But there are ways to lose weight while working from home. Those include-
- Create a Dedicated Workspace- Try and designate a particular area for your work activities. Make sure they don’t cross over with your bedroom or couch which is extremely comfortable. Set up a table and chair, and find your corner.
- Set a Schedule- Most people suffer as they have no schedule when it comes to working from home. Make a sure shot timetable and stick to it. Don’t take unwarranted snack breaks that could be the reason why you keep gaining weight.
- Meal Planning- Along with the work schedule, plan your meals as well. Add and subtract what is right for you. Replace the snack time with healthy fruits or seeds. Count them and measure them.
- Stay Hydrated- Do not replace thirst with hunger. Keep a bottle of water handy and drink it at regular intervals.
- Regular Exercise- Instead of sitting all the time, you could opt for standing up or walking or light exercises for at least 150 minutes a day.
- Avoid Sodas or Sugar Drinks- There is a chance that when you are at work drinking liquids seems like a better idea to save time. But when losing weight drinking sugar should be given up completely.
- Prepare Your Meal- When you are free, make your own meal instead of ordering in. This way you can make sure what you are eating and what you are not.
- Portion Control- This is a must-do if you want to lose weight. Take measurements in spoons and plates and then take control of the portions.
Remember losing weight is a choice and you can do it with a bit of determination.