Cinnamon can be regarded as a magical ingredient in your weight loss journey and in most of the sensational reels and videos posted on social media nowadays, this ingredient has been celebrated. Cinnamon primarily is a spice and is used in a lot of savories across different cuisines.
Adding this particular spice can add flavor and aroma to the dish being prepared. But it was later that the weight loss and other health benefits of this spice came to the limelight. From thereon, health enthusiasts and fitness freaks also became fans of this small little ingredient.
But in most of the weight loss recipes, it is convenient to use cinnamon in its powdered form. This article is all about the weight loss aspects of cinnamon, the recipes you can try with cinnamon for weight loss, the appropriate dosage to be followed in the recipes, and so on.
Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is obtained from the bark of the cinnamon tree. This bark has been cut down into smaller pieces, rolled, dried, and packed for commercial purposes. When it comes to savories and other dishes, cinnamon bark can be added as a whole rolled stick or otherwise as in the powdered form.
Before heading towards the weight loss aspect of cinnamon bark and powder, it is important to understand the basic health benefits and working mechanism of cinnamon in the human body.
- Cinnamon has a lot of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It has also been proven to prevent deadly diseases such as cancer.
- Studies have also found that the right usage of cinnamon can even prevent lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and cure them.
- When it comes to the weight loss benefit provided by cinnamon is primarily helpful in transforming the white fat accumulated in the human body into brown fat.
Brown fat is considered the good fat required by the body and white fat is the one adding to the health issues and unhealthy weight gain in individuals due to fat accumulation.
Brown fat is the body’s consumable and it can be used up for generating heat in cold environments and for the activities consuming energy. In the belly region of human beings, white fat can be seen as the most prominent type of fat. But when cinnamon gets introduced into the system as a part of the diet, it transforms the white fat in the belly region into brown fat and thus results in the slow and steady burning of belly fat.
Cinnamon can also be seen doing favors to the weight loss procedure by enhancing the insulin sensitivity of the body, regulating the blood glucose levels, and thereby preventing obesity and unwanted weight gain. Cinnamon also helps women with PCOD and prevents weight gain caused due to the same.
Best Ways To Use Cinnamon For Weight Loss
The best way to use cinnamon for weight loss should be based on its dosage. An adult can consume 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon bark powder or 1-inch long cinnamon stick per day. It is also important to not overdose on the spice since it may also have health consequences.
- Preparing cinnamon tea using honey, cinnamon bark, and boiled water can be one healthy way of having cinnamon in your daily diet.
- A mixture of apple cider vinegar, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of powder can also be consumed as a different tea variant.
- You may also prepare detox water using cinnamon bark, lemon wedges, mint leaves, and water.
- Another healthiest and easiest way to consume cinnamon is to add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to your oatmeal for breakfast.
- You may also add it to the breakfast smoothies.
- Adding the same amount of cinnamon while preparing savory rice variants can also be considered.
- You may also add a pinch of it to your bedtime hot milk.
Basically, it is your choice how to play with this spice in your daily diet for weight loss, but make sure you are following the dosage with a strict eye.