Physical therapy is the science of healing through movement, and there are specific treatments designed for all kinds of patients — from athletes recovering from injury, to adults in need of post-op therapy, to babies and children who suffer from injury or delay in development.
If your child is under 18 and needs physical therapy, visit the office of Therapeutics Unlimited. Our skilled and gentle professionals are skilled in the science of pediatric physical therapy (PT) and work with children for a variety of different reasons, to improve function and restore them to better health.
Signs your child may need PT:
- delays in development, such as a child who should be walking
- not hitting the appropriate milestones for their age.
- genetic disorders, such as Down syndrome
- muscle weakness or imbalances
- poor coordination and/or motor planning – which is the ability to think of and carry out a motor act, such as writing with a pencil
- nerve/muscle conditions, such as cerebral palsy
- recovery from sports- and non-sports-related injuries
During your initial visit, we will check your child’s strength, development, and see how easily they can stand, walk, and complete tasks appropriate for their age to see if there is a delay. If there is a delay, we will also determine its degree and potential cause. From there, we will work with you to develop a treatment plan that’s best for your child.
If you have concerns about your child’s development and think they could benefit from physical therapy, visit the office of Therapeutics Unlimited. We are committed to your child’s good health are dedicated to providing the highest quality of skilled care. For more information on our office and the many services that we provide, give us a call today.