Ozempic is a prescription drug used to treat Type-2 diabetes. It works often by mimicking the working of Glucagon-like Peptide which does help reduce your weight. Consequently, it has become the most popular weight loss drug in the circle.
Doctors are still on two sides about its use but it doesn’t stop anyone from using it in case they want to lose weight.
How Does Ozempic Help Lose Weight?
Ozempic has various characteristics that make it loved by Weight Watchers. It is exactly why its demands are on the rise. So how does it work?
- Primarily it can suppress your appetite. People consuming Ozempic have been known to feel less hunger even if they are in smaller portions. As it mimics the GLP, it controls the appetite and hunger cravings in the consumer.
- Secondarily, it slows the emptying of the stomach. And as your stomach is full, you feel no need to eat or snack beyond what is needed.
- Additionally, ozempic is used on diabetics so it does look good to your blood sugar level and that is why it can work the way it does.
- Lastly, some people find it difficult to get their insulin level in control which can aid in their weight increase. Taking Ozempic could help work towards this initiative.
How Do I Maximize My Weight Loss On Ozempic?
Eating Ozempic alone can only take you so far. So to maximize the effect, you can follow the steps below-
- Follow your doctor’s instructions- This has no shortcut. Do not disobey your doctor when it comes to the dosage or the times it should be taken. Ask them for their opinion to minimize the side effects as well.
- Healthy diet- Without eating healthy, cutting your carbs, and increasing your proteins, there is no way you can lose weight. The effect of the medicine should be supported by eating right as it always does. Also, be keen on preparing your own food and maintain portion control. Don’t opt for fast food.
- Regular exercise- This means dedicated time to function your muscles and bones. Aerobic exercises and strength training could be given equal time. This can help burn calories which should be your ultimate goal.
- Consistency- Ozempic is usually injected into the body and like meals and exercises, it should be taken with consistency. Be patient for the results though.
- Monitor blood sugar levels- If you are diabetic you may want to pay close attention to your blood sugar levels as they should be.
- Stay hydrated- This is not an option. Drinking water will give you the necessary strength to exercise and stay energetic throughout the day.
- Mindful eating- Taking Ozempic injections without any kind of control over food is not the right way to move forward. Maintain and watch your diet as closely as you would otherwise.
- Limit alcohol- Do not drink alcohol as it can still interfere with your blood sugar level and your calories too. Drinking alcohol can increase the feeling of hunger and craving for greasy foods so in order to stop it, you should control it.
- Track your progress- You have to see if the method is working for you. Otherwise, it can provide no results.
- Sleep- Don’t compromise your sleep and do sleep as much as you would if you were on a regular diet. Be mindful of the circadian rhythm.
- Be patient- Don’t search for sudden improvement and give yourself and medication the time to work on you.
In case you experience side effects do mention it to your doctor and get an alternative way.